Uber Taxi Service – A Cheaper Way To Travel!
What is Uber?
Uber is fast becoming a popular and cheaper alternative to the traditional taxi service. The following is a guide to help you decide whether this service is suitable for your transportation needs to and from the Village.
Uber connects passengers with a reliable ride within minutes through technology. The driver knows exactly where to go and payment is cashless. It is now operating in over 66 countries.
What are the differences between Uber and taxi services?
1. Uber drivers use their own personal cars, which are normally no older then 10 years.
2. Uber drivers do not need taxi licenses, they are ordinary people accredited by Uber and rated by customers for satisfaction.
3. You will know the driver's details before the trip and can communicate this and your travel plans to family and friends.
4. Often drivers will provide free bottles of water or sweets as a way of providing a superior service.
How safe is Uber?
1. Uber gives you the ability to send your family and friends a location map highlighting your route and estimated time of arrival.
2. Uber provides a door-to-door service, which means staying safe and comfortable at home until your driver arrives.
3. As a credit card must be registered, payments are made automatically at the conclusion of a trip, which means a cashless transaction.
4. You know the driver's name, number plate, photo, and customer satisfaction rating ahead of the trip.
5. There is 24/7 support for questions and concerns.
How does it work?
You will initially need to create an account via the free smartphone app or the Uber website. Credit cards details are required (taken automatically at the conclusion of the trip). You can then use the website or phone application to obtain a cost estimate and submit a trip request. This will automatically be sent to the nearest driver. The driver will come directly to your home and take you to your required location.
If you are unsure if this type of service is for you or if you feel this type of technology is a little daunting, speak to family members or someone who has experienced the service and can assist with creating an account.